Launched in 2016, Elixirgen Scientific is a biotechnology company that focuses on developing stem cell-related technology. The top issue the stem cell research community faces is the high cost and inefficiencies in iterating research and development due to the long timeline for cell differentiation from human pluripotent stem cells to specific cell types. To address this research bottleneck, Elixirgen Scientific provides reagents, kits, cryopreserved cells, and differentiation services at an affordable price to make laboratory work more efficient for researchers.
Job Description Summary:
Elixirgen Scientific is seeking a Senior Sales Manager to oversee our stem cell product portfolio. To be eligible for this position, candidates must have demonstrated sales experience within the life science industry.
– Manage all steps of the sales process, from prospecting to closing.
– Gain a deep understanding of our product portfolio to effectively sell solutions that best meet the needs of our customers.
– Develop and maintain relationships with existing and new customers.
– Monitor sales activities and develop reporting/metrics to demonstrate effectiveness.
– Provide assessment of potential markets and develop short- and long-range business strategies for product expansion.
– Work with marketing to plan and execute events, such as conferences and workshops.
– Manage user troubleshooting inquiries in collaboration with our scientific support team.
– Provide near term sales estimate to production and logistics team to prepare shipments.
Requirements and Qualifications:
– M.S. or Ph.D. preferred, but not required.
– 3-8+ years of experience in the biotech industry required (stem cell-related market a plus).
– 2-5 years previous product/service sales experience in life science companies required.
– Demonstrated skills in communications, networking, and interpersonal relationships.
– Able to independently gather data and perform analysis for sales and product strategies.
– Strong time management and organizational skills.
– Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
– Project management experience preferred, but not required.
– Demonstrated computer proficiency (e.g., Microsoft Office, Google Drive, etc.)
– Self-starter, willing to take initiative.
– Comfortable working with multiple cultures and nationalities.
– Enjoys working in a fast-paced, start-up culture.
Must be willing to travel occasionally. International travel may be required.
Elixirgen Scientific Inc. offers a competitive salary based on experience and education. If you are interested in applying for this position, please include a cover letter with salary requirements when submitting your CV. Elixirgen Scientific, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect while celebrating diversity.
Elixirgen Scientific is located in the Science and Technology Park at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, Maryland.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org